Two Trees is dedicated to maintaining a diverse group of commercial tenants that exemplify DUMBO’s identity as a place where creativity, entrepreneurship, and community engagement are celebrated. Recognizing that market rents are not feasible for all, the Cultural Space Subsidy Program dedicates at least 50,000 square feet of space at below market rent to be awarded to applicants that best demonstrate their capabilities and intent to provide a social benefit to DUMBO and the broader Brooklyn community.
The program is open to arts, education, and community focused groups - primarily, but not limited to, 501c3 nonprofit organizations. Professional artists with a strong exhibition history or community focused practice are also encouraged to apply.
For more information about the program and eligibility, see our FAQ.
- The Two Trees Cultural Space Subsidy Program offers a reduced rate of $12/RSF per year.
- Leases granted will be for up to three (3) years. There is no renewal option, however, tenants may re-apply at the end of their term.
- Tenant to pay all applicable common charges, real estate taxes, and utilities.
- Tenant must obtain limited liability insurance for the duration of their lease
- Spaces awarded range from 700 – 2,500 RSF.
- Grantees must maintain an active professional practice (i.e. the space may not be used for storage or sublet to other groups/individuals)
- Use of highly toxic chemicals, welding, or high-powered electrical equipment is prohibited.
- Conducting illegal activities is grounds for immediate termination.
- Living in Two Trees commercial spaces is strictly prohibited.
- You DO NOT need to complete
your application in one sitting. You can save your application and come
back to it later by scrolling to the bottom of the application page and
clicking "Save Draft."
- Please note the final deadline: Wednesday, May 31, 2017, 11:59 PM EST.
- We recommend beginning your application well ahead of the deadline as late applications will not be accepted.
- Supporting attachments are optional. You are invited to include with your
application up to three documents including, for example, photos, letters or testimonials from team members or participants, or
any other item that will help us understand your organization and its importance to the Brooklyn community.
- Once you hit "APPLY" you will NOT be able to further edit your application.
your application is submitted you will receive an email from
Submittable. It will include a link you can use to open your report in
its final document format.
- This application is fully supported on the web browsers: Chrome, FireFox, and Safari. We suggest that you do not use Internet Explorer.
any content-related questions, you may reach out to the Cultural Space Subsidy Program team at email@example.com.
you have any issues with the Submittable application host platform
itself, you may contact Submittable directly.
- Grantees will be announced in September, 2017, and leases will begin January 1, 2018.